Re: Wget, Yum and network investigation

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 11:26 +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:
> Risoluzione di download.fedora.redhat.com in corso... fallito: No such
> file or directory.

Can you accurately translate the Italian?  I distrust web based
translators, and getting technical stuff translated wrong makes it hard
to debug.  I get "Resolution of download.fedora.redhat.com in failed
course...", which sounds a little odd to me, but I presume means it
can't resolve the name.

But the "No such file or directory." warning sounds like something else:
You've connected to the server, and it doesn't have what you asked for
(repomd.xml); or you're trying to download to some directory that
doesn't exist.

Again, if you've got some things working, and others not, and you have a
proxy, I think I'd be suspicious of the proxy.  I seem to recall you
mentioned Squid.

I read messages from the public lists.