Re: gnome 2.12

lostson wrote:
>  I am curious as to why gnome 2.12 was not added as an update. Why wait until
> FC5 comes out and then we might get 2.14 but with the release schedule the
> way it is I don't really count on that either.

Gnome 2.13 (which will become 2.14) is in the Fedora Core 5 Test
releases: Fedora certainly plan to have it in.

As for why Gnome 2.12 wasn't pushed: it's a pretty big update that
changes a lot of the internals of the desktop. It would have introduced
bugs for a while in a released operating system. Fedora decided that it
would be a lot of work updating it, polishing it, and fixing any bugs
that were found before and after it was released as an update, and the
time could better be spent on polishing FC5.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Whenever [Richard I] returned to England he always
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | set out again immediately for the Mediterranean and