Re: Screensavers - Removing

Analogkid wrote:
Is it possible to remove a specific screensaver?  There are just a
couple which I prefer not to have, or which my vid card doesn't
display very well.

Do I need to edit a config file?  Or can I rm the program itself?  If
they can be removed, where are they stored?

Thank you

Pete

Either type xscreensaver-demo in a terminal or go to
system > preferences > screensaver (Might be desktop instead of system on FC4)

From there, you can preview, select or deselect screensavers from the screen that pops up.

For FC5, there will be another screensaver program installed by default. This screensaver program is called gnome-screensaver and should be on the same menu as mentioned above. There are fewer screensavers and it will be either blank screen, one screensaver or all of the screensavers cycled on a random basis. For now, xscreensaver-demo should do the trick for you.

Jim
--
Democracy is a government where you can say what you think even if you
don't think.