Re: Migration from RH73

Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
I need to upgrade a redHat 7.3 box to a FC4. Has anyone experience of
this kind of upgrading ? Is there a real ascendant-compatibility (I use
several Perl programs and apache web sites (mod_ssl, mod_perl,)...)

Thanks

Are you aware that there is a directory on some of the mirrors which carry fedoralegacy which supports RHL 7.3 security updates?

Regarding the other programs, I guess trying them out on a clean install FC4 and going through the tests would tell you if you were in for a lot of work.

Backing up all of your important data and configuration information then starting fresh on another test computer sounds safest to me. (At least swapping out the hard drive in case the test fails.)

Sorry not much help.

Jim