Re: [OT] Fun with walking package licenses

Yep, because now its public domain

Did he assign it to the public domain? If not, he has copyright on it. (Even something as trivial as that.) Unless, I suppose, he was copying somebody else's work and that person had put it in the public domain.

Of course, fair use would pretty much cover almost any use a person could make of something that short, unless he were to patent it. (I am not saying he should, of course.)