Re: Announcing Fedora Core 5 Test 3

Peter Teuben wrote:

can somebody clarify: i installed FC5T2, and with all the updates i'm now getting via yum(ex), is that essentially just FC5T3? I can't imagine I'd have to burn and upgrade....

peter

I'm not going to reinstall my major system with the latest rawhide updates personally with the FC5T3 installation media. FC5T3 is supposed to be a stabilization phase and have minimal changes. All the Fedora Extra items would need reinstalling and there are many decent packages from that arena.
I am downloading the DVD via torrent to test on other computers though.

My main reason for posting was the February 22nd date on the schedule and not seeing the release announced on the Fedora-list. (Fedora-announce, fedora-test and fedora-devel had the announcement. The reply to was set to fedora-list.)

Somebody wanted to know if downloading and installing FC5T2 was worthwhile. For him, downloading and installing FC5T3 would be worthwhile.

Not Friday :-), Not Wednesday, but today FC5T3 is available.

Jim