Re: apache Virtual host config for cgi

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 17:13 +0000, azeem ahmad wrote:
> is this configuration ok to run cgi scripts.

Have you read the Apache manual?

> <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
> ServerAlias domain.com
> ServerAdmin webmaster@xxxxxxxxxx
> DocumentRoot /home/mine/public_html
> BytesLog domlogs/mine.com-bytes_log

I don't see "BytesLog" as a directive in the Apache manual.

> ServerName www.domain.com
>
> User mine
> Group mine

Would allow access to anything owned by "mine", not just webserver
files.  That can be a security problem.

> CustomLog /usr/local/apache/domlogs/mine.com combined
> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .html

That'd mangle .html file handling for the webserver.  (Presuming that
you have ordinary HTML files in the directory.)

> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/mine/public_html/cgi-bin/

If you also have SELinux on your machine, you'd need to ensure you've
got appropriate contexts set to run scripts from that location.
Likewise, you'd have to be sure that /home wasn't mounted noexec (which
is a security risk).

> </VirtualHost>

I read messages from the public lists.