Re: Cannot use fourth IDE HDD with FC3 ?

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 23:53 +0700, Amrit Angsusingh wrote:
> I used pentium 4 mechine with 256 Mb ram and fedora core 3 for web
> server
> and four IDE HDDs [160 Gbx4] on both primary ans secondary IDE. The
> bios
> also detected all 4 HDD but after starting FC3 the system mount
> secondary
> slave HDD  /dev/hdd1 as /mnt/idedisk1
> /dev/hda1         /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
> none              /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
> none              /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
> /dev/hdc1         /mec                    ext3    defaults        1 2
> none              /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
> none              /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
> /dev/hdb1         /var                    ext3    defaults        1 2
> /dev/hda2         swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
>
> /dev/hdd1   /mnt/idedisk1     auto  amconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
>
> which appeared to be the read only device. I cannot umount this device
> and
> mount it to /dev/hdd1  ext3   . I would like to use this HDD to store
> the
> nackup data. Does any one tell me how to do this?

It seems that the partition is likely not an ext3.  It also seems to be
mounted by the hot plug manager (it is set up as 'managed' as you can
see by the options).  Did you just recently install it?

If there are no problems try using fdisk to check/change the partitons
to what you want (ext3 I assume) and format the filesystem, then change
the line in fstab to reflect it properly and it should work.