Mounting pen-drives

Three systems using FC4, all kept up to date.  Initially, all three
auto-mounted pen-drives, with a pop-up asking whether to open a file manager
window.  Now this only happens in one of them.  The drives have to be
manually mounted in the other two.

Clearly something has been changed in two of them, but I don't recall doing
anything that would affect this.  Can ayone tell me what it is that sets this
behaviour, and where it can be changed?

Thanks

Anne