Re: rbldnsd

On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 21:27 +0800, LC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone familiar with rbldnsd? i install it using yum, yum install rbldnsd
> and tried to start it using /etc/init.d/rbldnsd start. I do not see any
> process and there is no error in /var/log/messages.
>
> Any insight?

This isn't one of those "drop in and start immediately" packages, nor
should it be IMO. On the other hand getting it to make some noise if
started without appropriate config might be nice - have you filed a
bugzilla report against the package?

When I reviewed this for Fedora Extras, the config needed some review
and tweaking by the user before it would run - ie. you would need to be
running your own local DNS blacklist or be mirroring one of the several
DNSBLs that offer current zones via rsync/ftp/http.

Given that this is not a package for the inexperienced user this is not
necessarily a bad thing. Read through the associated documentation and
have a look at http://www.tqmcube.com/rbldnsd.php (substitute the DNSBL
config options of your chosen mailserver if it's not Postfix)

Michael.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"Bother" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"