Re: 2.6.15-1.1831 Memory Issues

James Wilkinson wrote:
Brian Hanks wrote:
When I got home last night, I had a chance to look into this more
thoroughly.  It turns out that it was a memory related issue.  When I ran
memtest I was presented with a whole host of errors.  This was a bit strange
since this motherboard has been rock solid for over a year.  That's when I
noticed that the motherboard was detecting the CPU incorrectly and
consequently setting the memory timing incorrectly.  It doesn't make sense
to me that this just started to happen out of the blue, but it did.

It's an Asus A7V880.  Anyone else every see anything like this?

Another possibility is the NVRAM battery has gone out, and is messing with the clock, and other parts on the main board; just for grins, try replacing it and see what happens.

"The two most common things in the	| Bill Perkins
 universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."	| perk@xxxxxxx
					| programmer-at-large
		F. Zappa		| ALL assembly languages done here.