Re: RC5 test3 iso

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Cornette" <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: RC5 test3 iso

Gary Hodder wrote:
Hi all,

is there a time frame on how long it will be before RC5 test 3 comes
out?.
If its going to be a while i'll just grab test 2 and play with it.

Thanks
Gary.

The schedule seems to be Friday, Feb 22. (Unless I am reading it wrong)

http://fedora.redhat.com/About/schedule/

As far as test2, You would not want to install it. There are very many updates, rebuilds, program additions and deletions. Waiting for the test 3 discs to be released and reporting your findings via bugzilla should help make FC5 more usable and a chance for a better final burn for FC5.

Also, the fedora-test-list is best for getting clues to resolve problems encountered with the test distribution.

I tried the 64 bit install on test2 and had no luck. Oh good, maybe I'll play to get my existing problems sorted out and do a upgrade if it works or fresh install with 64 bit which is what I want. the fc4 64 bit install wouldn't pass the cd or dvd test.

Jim

--
Don't steal... the IRS hates competition!