Re: Problem booting - what should I have done?

U been lucky for not having LVM where knoppix doesn't work.

On 2/16/06, Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

My question is whether there was something simpler I could have done?

--
Timothy Murphy

ur query...Yes.. rescue CD allows you to mount volumes in write mode in single user mode (init 1).
I used it to overcome file system errors within LVM.
I didn't know the howto at that time nor I remember now but it can be reworked (anyways not reqd by u now).

--
Anil Kumar Shrama