Re: Stand-alone calendaring?

taharka wrote:

Howdy,

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 09:16 -0700, Philip Prindeville wrote:
Couple of questions:  first, is there a searchable web page that contains
package descriptions that one can use to locate a package?  For instance,
if I wanted to locate an Image Viewing package, but I didn't know that
that was what "eye of the gnome" (Eog) did...

And secondly, is there a good standalone calendaring package?  I use
Thunderbird and I'm happy with it...  Ditto with Firefox.  I know that
Evolution has calendaring, but I don't want to use it for mail and web
browsing, etc.

Is there a smaller, lighter calendaring app out there?

For a Sunbird rpm that painlessly installs/works on FC3, give the
following a look see. YMMV on any other Fedora Core though ;-)

http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/repository//i386extras/sunbird-0.2-1.1.3.i386.html

I get a broken link when I try to click on the source RPM link...

And besides, this isn't very current.  Sigh.

The current release is 0.3a1...

Where's Axel when you need him?  ;-)

-Philip