Re: ref: Microsoft barriers to Linux adoption on the desktop

Joel Rees wrote:

Now, you who are making yourself a trolling troll by arguing against history (and repeating an ancient flamewar), if you don't like the license, quit trying to kill the goose that laid the golden egg and go use a license you like.

I have not argued that anyone should or should not use GPL.
That is anyone's choice. I emphatically do not think it is
going to displace the entire current economy.

When I have wanted to donate my efforts, I made them public
domain.

I'm not trying to kill anything. But people who use the GPL
and LGPL need to understand what the consequences are.
Richard Stallman and I exchanged some e-mail in 1986 or so,
and he certainly understood what he was doing. He intended to
reinvent the wheel from the ground up.

So, if you buy into that, fine. It also means that you aren't
going to get the latest drivers for the latest hardware.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.