Re: Delivery time expiration

Mike Klinke wrote / ha scritto on /il 15/02/2006 15:28:
On Wednesday 15 February 2006 02:24, James Wilkinson wrote:

Either Red Hat has whitelisted Demon (my ISP), or the Red Hat
implementation of greylisting learns which IP addresses will
properly retry e-mails, and doesn't bother delaying e-mails from
them. Presumably there's a timeout, so one e-mail may get
greylisted every three months or so.

This "learning" is a normal function of greylisting and the timeout you mention is a configurable parameter. I don't know if it's still true but at one time it appeared that only some of the RH servers where using greylisting.

Regards, Mike Klinke

anyway I started the thread and this list is getting out-of-use to me as my ISP (the greatest italian ISP) is greylisted, and of course they can't do any action. :-(

--
Antonio Montagnani
Contec Srl

Mail by Thunderbird 1.5 Websurfing by Firefox 1.5
Linux Fedora Core 4 on Maxdata Eco 3200
Linux user number 362582