Re: ALT+CNTRL+F1-F6 blank display!!

i have this "funny issue" with my FC4,, when i am in runlevel 5 the
combination keys alt+cntrl+f1-f6 gives me blank sreen display..

is this a known bug?..my fc4 has the lastest updates as per
today(15/02/006)

any insight(s)??..solution(s)??

What Kernels are you running? I have had issues like this with GDM and
the all Kernels since 1826.  I resolved it by staying at 1826.

kernel is 2.6.15-1.1831_FC4 on i686(i386)

I'm on a PPC. -- WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting

Same on a NEC laptop at work, I forget the model number.

It would not give me virtual consoles at all on a fresh install of FC4 until I updated, but I searched for "virtual consoles FC4" or something and found a bug report that said updating fixed it.

Now I discover that ctl-alt-Fn takes me to the text terminals from the X11 terminal, but to get back I have to use MSCMDkey-alt-Fn. (You know, that key with the wavy MSWindow flaggy on it.)