Re: cpuspeed with powernow-k7 for Athlon?

Patrick wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a powernow-k7 module for an Athlon cpu so I
can run cpuspeed on this box? The kernel documentation mentions powernow
for the k7 (=Athlon) but I can't seem to find the module.

Thanks and regards,
Patrick

I have an Athlon processor and do not do anything special from a normal install. I believe k7 is compiled into the kernel for i686. I believe k8 for 64-bit is a module.

I pass acpi=on to the kernel, but this is more for times that acpi is disabled by default. (Severn beta shock)

Jim

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.