Pen-drive no longer automounts

I think that I must have stopped some necessary service on this box, as my
pen-drive no longer automounts.  I have to run 'fdisk -l' to find its dev
name, then manually mount it.

I checked the Services section from the Systems Settings menu, and I appear to
have the same set running as on another box where the pen drive mounts, so I
don't know where else to look for a clue.

Could someone please tell me what is needed to automount, so that I can check
that they are all present and running?  Thanks

Anne