Re: Asterisk and Zaptel packages for FC4

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 11:21:55AM -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 17:29:38 -0800,
>   Eric Smith <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I updated the Asterisk and Zaptel packages to the latest release,
> > using RPM spec files only slightly modified from those of Matthias Saou.
> > The SRPMs and binary RPMs for the x86_64 may be found at:
> >
> >     http://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/software/fedora/fc4/asterisk/
> >
> > Thus far I've only tested use with the Zaptel ztdummy kernel module
> > (i.e., no telephony hardware) using Asterisk as a conference bridge
> > with the GSM codec.  That seems to work fine.
> >
> > I'll forward my very minor spec file changes to Matthias.
>
> Is there a reason that Asterisk isn't included in extras?
> I am using it on FC4, but am compiling by hand. (Zaptel needs to be rebuilt
> after every kernel update.)
> I have a TDM31B at home I am playing with.

asterisk, zaptel and friends can be found at ATrpms for FC4 and
more. As Bruno mentioned the zaptel kmdls have to be rebuilt on each
new kernel update.

       http://atrpms.net/name/asterisk/
       http://atrpms.net/name/asterisk-addons/
       http://atrpms.net/name/asterisk-sounds/
       http://atrpms.net/name/spandsp/
       http://atrpms.net/name/libpri/
       http://atrpms.net/name/zaptel/

Eric & Bruno, maybe you'd like to join up and help maintaining them at
ATrpms?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net