Re: iPod on Linux?

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 16:27 +1000, Michael Fleming wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 00:16 -0600, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> > Anyone have a solution that Just Works(TM)?  I've heard a bunch of
> > "application Z looks promising, but it's not ready yet" sort of answers.
> >
> > Anyone using an iPod with Linux with no problems?  How'd you do it?
>
> My 1GB iPod Shuffle is picked up instantly by FC (more reliably than
> Windows XP, oddly ;-)) and I've used the gtkpod RPM from freshrpms.net
> without a hitch.

Considering that Microsoft banned iPods from the Redmond campus, I'm
surprised they still work with Windows at all...

Seriously, I found the same package combo working for a number of
Fedora/iPod using friends. I have other USB devices that seem to "Just
Work" (TM) as well, including a SD card reader.

The only one that seems to have problems with consistency is my Palm -
even when running the latest FC5T2/Rawhide bits. If we can get this one
fixed, I would be a really happy guy...!

Cheers,

Chris

--
"Never murder a man when he's