Re: Splitting DVD-9 video to DVD-5

El sáb, 11-02-2006 a las 15:36 -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja escribió:
> Hello,
> I am trying to find a way to backup my DVD movie. A lot of HowTo talks about
> shrinking and requantising (sp ?) the movie so that it'll fit to a single
> layer DVD-R. However, I want instead to just keep everything in the main
> feature (the video steam, audio streams, subtitles) and somehow record it to
> two single layer DVD-R.
>
> I can copy just the main feature of the a DVD video using dvdbackup. Then I'll
> get a set of VOB files, for example:
> VTS_01_1.VOB
> VTS_01_2.VOB
> VTS_01_8.VOB
>
> Now here I got stuck. It seems that I need to do is just burn VTS_01_[1-4] to
> a the first DVD-R, and burn the rest to the second DVD-R. But I need to
> generate the correct IFO and dvd structure for those VOB. What tools can I
> use to do that ?
>
> I've look at dvdauthor but could not figure out if it will do what I want, or
> how to do it. I tried to just cat-ting the a set of VOBs, then run it pass
> dvdauthor to see if it will create a correct DVD structures with the IFOs
> files, but it complains about "SCR moves backward ... " and asked me to
> re-multiplex. So I got stuck there.
>
> Any help ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Reuben D. B

I 've just seen some minutes ago one mail posted yesterday here which
thread was related to your question; copy and paste (credits to John
Pearce),

-----8><----
gopchop: http://gopchop.sourceforge.net

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org

------8><----

I was grateful surprised with that piece of news, because I'd never
heard about gopchop until today. Having a look to its website, I think
to remember that one of its features was precisely what you man were
looking for..
I'm afraid Sourceforge download section doesn't work. This can be solved
by going to the old page and download locally
http://outflux.net/software/pkgs/GOPchop/

I knew about GUI's for DVD Authoring like _varsha_ , _tovid_ or
DVD_Styler. Try whether any of them fit your needs..

regards