Re: ASUS a*n-VM w/o eth0 in FC3

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 17:23 -0800, Dave Stevens wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Never content to leave a working system alone, I decided to upgrade my A7V-MX
> motherboard to a 64 bit ASUS A8N-VM with an AMD 3500+ cpu and a single 512 meg
> DDR400 stick of RAM. When I rebooted FC3 with the new board Kudzu kicked in and
> sensibly asked about several now-missing bits of hardware and proceeded to
> recognize (or not) others. There is a problem with the nvidia on-board graphics
> but dropping back to basic VESA graphics has made that tractable for now and I
> think this is a known problem. More troubling is that there is no ADSL service
> so I have no network connection. This in turn is because there is no recognized
> network device - the hardware browser doesn't show any device present even
> though there is one.
>
> I've checked the bios and the southbridge NIC is enabled. Is this a known
> problem? Can someone steer me in the right direction? It will not be very
> useful to tell me to upgrade to FC4 when I have no internet connection. I do
> have dial up access and could download a patch or driver, but not multiple ISOs.
----
any references to eth0 in /etc/modprobe.conf ?  remove them.

any references to /dev in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 ?

probably should remove them to.

then run kudzu again - see what happens

for video...you probably have to 'init 3' login as root and then run...

system-config-display --reconfig

Craig