Re: Desperate situation

On Friday 10 February 2006 17:12, Mike McCarty wrote:

> Tell you what, if you decide to toss the disc, how about mailing
> it to me instead? I'll pay postage and throw in a few $$$ for
> your time. :-)

:-)  I'm really hoping that I don't need to.  Meanwhile, I now have a
situation that leaves me utterly confused.

I've installed FC4 to the master drive.  All went well until the Reboot.  Then
it attempted to launch Mandriva - it reports a kernel panic because it can't
find init.

I was going to change that box onto FC4 within the next few days anyway, so I
don't want to recover Mandriva, only the data.  It appears that lilo is
suddenly working!

Question - why is it trying to boot from hdb, rather than hda, where FC4 is?
What can I do about it?

Anne