Re: modifying another distro's rpm for FC4

Claude Jones wrote:
I seem to remember that there was an rpm command that could be run to take an rpm not built for FC4 and rebuild it for FC4 installation - or something to that effect. I read through the man rpm but didn't see anything that clicked. I tried a couple of archive searches but nothing popped up. Am I missing the obvious? What I have is an rpm built for PCLinuxOS which is a derivative of Mandriva - I'm told that those rpm's can generally be used in FC4 as there is a distant relationship in the distros.

There is a command to build applications from source files "checkinstall" (Dries)

It will make an rpm file of the install on compiled programs.