Wifi problem with Fedora Core 4 after yum update

I just ran "yum update" and the kernel changed to 2.6.15-1.1830_FC4.
Prior to this update I would connect to my home wireless network by
running "ifconfig eth0 down", inserting my wireless card (Wavelan
Silver), and running:
     /sbin/iwconfig eth1 essid "My ESSID" enc aabbccddee
(I freely admit that my knowledge of Linux wireless networking is
limited and that the above may be non-optimal.)
After the update, when I insert my wireless card I see wifi0 and wlan0
instead of eth1 and running:
     /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 essid "My ESSID" enc aabbccddee
gives me an error indicating that the encryption key can't be set on my
card.
Reverting to a previous kernel on boot allows me to use eth1, so
something evidently changed with the built-in drivers.  Does anyone
have any ideas on how to either get the previous behavior f! rom the
latest kernel or configure wlan0 properly?
Thanks,
Sean

Yahoo! Mail