Re: Local Yum: New createrepo - New Options

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 06:51:29 -0800 (PST)
Rickey Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> opined:

> --- David Cary Hart <Fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I'll update our local yum repo HowTo (http://tqmcube.com/repo.php)
> > soon. In the interim, it is advisable (IMO - YMMV) to obtain the
> > rawhide createrepo which now, optionally, creates a local disk
> > cache
> > that significantly speeds up incremental runs.
> >
> > In addition to rawhide, I've made the release available via ftp:
> > ftp://ftp.tqmcube.com/pub/createrepo-0.4.3-5.1.noarch.rpm
>
> Thanks! When I tried to install it, rpm complained that there was no
> such filename or directory,

I had no such problem. Of course I was upgrading from the FC4 package
which might have made a difference. Hmmm.

> so I created /usr/share/createrepo and it
> installed normally. When I did yum makecache yesterday, it ran
> through a cycle of the install from sites information, then cycled
> again through the list, then cycled again!... so I ctrl c'd. What was
> going on? The first mirror was down and yum selected an alternate,
> then the cycling began. Ric

I am a tad confused. makecache forces yum to cache all the xml files
from a repository's metadata. It is most useful for things like "provides."

Please review http://tqmcube.com/repo.php If I am missing something,
please let me know.

--
Our DNSRBL -