Re: dhcpd.leases permissions

Oliver Sampson wrote:
On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 01:11 +1030, Tim wrote:

Oliver Sampson:

When I start dhcpd manually from the command line, everything works
dandily

Exactly how do you start if from the command line?

/usr/sbin/dhcpd

I have a DHCP server, but it's run by the init.d/ scripts, when Fedora
starts up.  I haven't tried it manually.  I would have suggested maybe
SELinux would have been a cause of the problem, but I'd expect it to
always fail, if that were the case.

Do you get further clues in the log files about why it fails?

There's also this in the log:

check for failed database rewrite attempt!

I just don't know why one call from the command line as root would work,
and why one call via a script as root wouldn't work.

Could be an SELinux issue. Running from the command-line would start dhcpd "unconfined", unlike running it from an initscript.

Try:

# restorecon -R /var/lib/dhcp

and see if that helps.

Paul.