Re: Problem with X11 in FC 4

2006/2/7, Andy Green <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
fb wrote:
> Dear Fedorologists,
>
> I'm also a victim (probably) of the upgrade to 2.6.15 -
> 1.1830_FC4 kernel with yumex. So I can see a dead
> green screen when X started.
>
> My videocard  a Matrox Mill. G550.
>
> I'm also not found any ee lines in the x-org and I tried
> to install the:

There are two separate problems getting confused here.  The original
poster has the problem of X not starting at all and blowing him back out
into text mode.  He will have some (EE) stuff in his X log and that was
who the advice to look was aimed at.

Now there is a separate problem I saw myself on two machines here with
ATI graphics, X starts up fine but the video is munged.  In both cases
updating to the new module-init-tools from updates-testing fixed the
problem.  On one machine at least, a workaround was to Ctrl-Alt-F1 then
back to Ctrl-Alt-F7.

I've the same problem with my ATI Radeon Card and SyncMaster 191T monitor. I've found changing the video mode (CTRL+ALT+"numpad +" or CTRL+ALT+"numpad -") reset the video.

HTH

--
Alessandro Brezzi