Re: Printer preferences and FC4

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 08:50, Bengt Lindholm wrote:
>System-config-printer / Cups= localhost:631 was configured at

They are NOT interchangeable.  Please ignore system-config-printer (its
a known broken package) and use only the <http://localhost:631> web
interface to do the configuration.  Playing mix-n-match is a sure way
to keep on having problems.

>FC4-installation time to use A4 paper size and still is.

Installation time for any FC uses system-config-printer.  Remove, by
hand, any /etc/printcap files you find and then use the web interface,
which should work ok then.  In fact, I use it as the homepage setting
at launch for all the browsers I have installed.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: