Re: Problem with X11 in FC 4

--- Andy Green <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Albert O wrote:
>
> >     I reboot with the reset button and everything was OK until
> when the
> > system shoud show the Graphical login screen. In that moment
> instead It
> > showed a blue screen with message telling me that th X server was
> > encountering problems and If I wanted to view the problems. I
> said yes,
>
> Hi Albert -
>
> Use, eg, Ctrl-Alt-F2 to get to a text-mode login screen, then
>
> less /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>
> go to the end and start looking upwards until you find the (EE)
> error
> line that explains the problem.  (press q to exit less)
>
> Edit
>
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> if necessary to fix the problem, or if it makes no sense post about
> the
> (EE) error here again.

i didn't see any EE error there, but in Xorg.setup.log I have:

X Window System Version 6.8.2
Release Date: 9 February 2005
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.8.2
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp i686 [ELF]
Current Operating System: Linux iam.wayward4now.net 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
#1 Thu Jun
 2 22:53:35 EDT 2005 i586
Build Date: 13 May 2005

Is the Build OS (i686) any problem on my barely (PIII level AMD) i585
system? Yes, I updated the modules stuff. No help... Good Grief! Ric

   ...the Sin of Ignorance, and
   ...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/