Re: problem in rendering engine of fedora core 4 and 3

Lalit Kumar wrote:
> There is a major problem in rendering engine of fedora core 4 and 3 as well.
>
> I have tested it with CDAC's OT fonts.
>
> Please check the same and update the rendering engine.
>
> Same fonts working fine with windows.

Hi there.

Thank you for reporting this. Unfortunately, you haven't reported it in
the right place, and you will need to give more details before it is a
useful report.

In particular, you need to specify exactly which fonts show problems (a
download location for them is virtually essential), and state exactly
what the problem *is*. For example, do the fonts not look anything like
the way they are supposed to look? Are they too fuzzy or too blocky?
Do they occur for all characters, or only a few? Example pictures would
be helpful. Anyone trying to help will need to know that what he or she
sees as the problem is what you see as the problem.

And there may be some problem with the way your system is configured
that we can help fix.

When you've got a useful bug-report, you will need to enter this into
the Red Hat bug-tracking system (which Fedora also uses),
https://bugzilla.redhat.com , probably against freetype.

Note also that Fedora Core 3 has entered maintenance mode: only the most
serious (data-destroying or security) bugs will be fixed there.

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | WARNING:  Pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL again will restart
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | your computer.  Then again, what won't?  You will