Re: FC4's Firefox is huge

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> It includes all the L10N content.

Rickey Moore wrote:
> I'll spring, what's the LION content?

Using a sans-serif font, Rickey?

L-ten-N is short for locali[sz]ation. It's supposed to change the way a
program works by, for example, referring to the language settings to
find out whether the user prefers "localisation" or "localization". It
might change user-visible text, default page sizes, dictionaries, and
support right-to-left text.

There are supposed to be ten characters between the "l" and "n".

Personally, I find these abbreviations particularly obscure.

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | Banana in disk drive error
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |