Re: rpmdb crashed, how to repair? [FC3]

Jim Cornette wrote:

> There was a script out there that someone made that made a file in the
> /tmp directory, then compared the uniq version and outputted the version

I was the someone.  The script is available at

http://warmcat.com/listrpmdupes

(Use Rightclick | Save As... )

but note it will not work right on x86_64, since duplicated packages
differing only by arch are normal there.

What it does is not only list duped packages but specifically lists the
ones it thinks can be deleted.  So if you have blah-1.00 and blah-1.01
installed, the script will only output blah-1.00, which can be fed
directly to rpm -e.  If only one version of blah is installed it outputs
nothing about blah.  On a happy machine it won't output anything at all.

I used it several times with success, but it does no harm to review its
output and convince yourself it makes sense considering rpm -qa before
feeding it to rpm -e :-)

-Andy