RE: seeing a wireless card

> -bruce
>
> I had problems when there was a wifi device already in the
> system-config-network area prior to inserting the new one.  I got
> mine
> working by going into system-config-network.  Removing the wifi
> device(s) listed and rebooting and going back into
> system-config-network, setup the correct device (which in my case
> was
> listed now) and then rebooting.  HTH

What happned to the little daemon that would examine hardware when
you booted and offer to remove and/or install hardware that you
changed?
I'm STILL not getting a graphical startup with all the messages... I
dunno what happened or what I did, but it ain't there no more, I just
get the grey screen and X cursor that others have mentioned.

When I shut down, I have to either jiggle the mouse or
ctrl-alt-backspace for it to proceed from that grey screen.
Anyone got a handle on this yet? Ric

   ...the Sin of Ignorance, and
   ...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256