Re: Beginning with phpPgAdmin

On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 21:54 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> On 2/4/06, Paul Smith <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have just installed phpPgAdmin and I have PostgreSQL running fine on
> > my computer. However, I do not know how to start phpPgAdmin. In fact,
> > I have never used php related stuff. Could someone please help me with
> > that?
>
> Do I need to install apache? The documentation on phpPgAdmin's site
> does not indicate how to start it, up to my best knowledge.

----
yes - httpd would have to be installed...

probably php-pgsql too.

probably perl-DBI but I think that gets installed in most cases...

'yum install php-pgsql' would probably bring in everything you would
need as dependencies.

I tend to use tarball...

tar zxvf phppgadmin*

mv whatever the folder you just untarred to /var/www/html/phppgadmin

edit /var/www/html/phppgadmin/conf/conf.inc.php

to suit your situation

chkconfig httpd on

point your browser...

http://localhost/phppgadmin