Re: FC4 - Linux partition primary of logical?

On 2/3/06, Hoffmann <oasf2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am starting a partition on my new HD. It will be a
> Windows-FC4 dual boot.
> Should the swap and Fedora partitions be primary,
> logical or a logical/primary combination?

I normally make my windows partition the first one by doing the
windows install and allocating how much space for it. Then I do the FC
install and let it auto pick the partitions and sizes during install
of the remaining free space. I think on my 80G laptop drive I
allocated 20G to Windows and 60G to Linux. My partitions are like this
I think.

/dev/hda1 20G primary
/dev/hda2 100M /boot primary
/dev/hda3 60G logical which is LVM by default and I left that alone.
/VolGroup00 59G /root
/VolGroup01 1G swap

If you want more details, I can boot it up and find out for sure for you.

--
-=/>Thom