Re: hylafax changing destination

From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
CC: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: hylafax changing destination
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:21:35 -0600

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 14:03, azeem ahmad wrote:
> hi list
> is it possible to configure hylafax in such a way that it work as mail-fax
> gateway with dynamic destination numbers.
> like currently i m running hylafax in a fashion that every mail sent to
> faxmail@xxxxxxxx is handed over to hylafax that sends it to fone number
> 5545412, now what i want is to facsilitate user that he could specify a
> number as well in his mail
> for instance
> user could mail to
> some#fone#no@xxxxxxxx
> and fax will be sent to that some#fone#no

If you are using sendmail, you should be able to used
'plussed' addresses. The local (username) part of the
address to the left of the plus is the base.  Sendmail
will look for .forward files in that user's home directory
in the form of .forward+xxxx where xxxx is the part after
the plus. If it doesn't find a match, it looks again
for a standard .forward and then performs a normal delivery.
That means you should be able to use an address like
faxmail+phone-number@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and have faxmail
alias parse out an arbitrary phone number.  I think
procmail already gets the plused part as an argument
during delivery so if you run the command out of .procmailrc
you'd already have it - otherwise it can be difficult
to interpret mail headers since you can't tell if a
certain delivery is for a To:, or CC: or something not
even in the headers.

i really couldnt get anything out of it.
can u plz explain it in simple

Regards