Re: needed help on MINICOM

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:32:49 +0900
From: Gowri Satish Adimulam < gowri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: needed help on MINICOM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

iam logged on as superuser.

I have pasted the permissions  for all ttyS0 ..s3

crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 65 Feb  2 14:11 ttyS1
[root@localhost dev]# ls -lrt ttyS2
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 66 Feb  2  2006 ttyS2
[root@localhost dev]# ls -lrt ttyS3
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 67 Feb  2  2006 ttyS3
[root@localhost dev]# ls -lrt ttyS0
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 64 Feb  2 14:30 ttyS0

I have also tried to ttys1 and ttys0 , but same result .

do any of you have sample DF1 file , iy yes please send it to me.

reagards
Gowri

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 23:20 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Gowri Satish Adimulam wrote:
> > Hi ,
> > Iam try to use minicom as simple com-port, it is connected to embedded
> > system board via RS 232 cable.
> >

> > in minicom ->serial port setup i have set as
> >
> > ttyS3,
> > baud rate 57600 8n1 which in acordance with embedded system.
> >

> > When my embedded systme boots up , there should  be some messages
> > displayed on my com port , but unfortunately its not happening.
> >
> > i have verified the same setup in windows using hyperterminal it is
> > working fine.
> >
> > do i need to do any thing more in the setup.
> >
> > Thanks in Advance.

Hi Gowri!

A couple of thoughts.  When it is connected with Hyperterminal, look into the hyperterinal com port settings.  The baud rate, data bits, parity, stop bits, hardware flow control, and software flow control settings.  In minicom these appear to be under ^A P for the baud rate, stop bits. and parity - and a ^A O selecting Serial Port Setup to set the hardware and software flow control.

Good hunting!

Tod