Re: What does "ko" mean?

Dan Track wrote:
Hi

I came across the following term, ko, being used as units for RAM.
Does anyone know what it means?

It's a term which originates with CCITT or ISO kilo octets.
It's actually an inappropriate term for this use. It derives
from the French. But in English, octet means "eight bits",
which may or may not be related and often are not, whereas
a "byte" is a unit of storage. Although the english and
french words, both spelled "octet", are cognate, they do not
mean the same thing. In English "octet" is appropriately used
for synchronous serial bit communications, it is not appropriately
used for memory. In French (AIUI), it is appropriately used
for both.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.