IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad UltraNav on Fedora

Does anybody have any experience with the UltraNav pointing device on new Thinkpads.
Many people say that it works, but the question is, what does that mean?
The device consists of 5 buttons, a little rubber stick in the keyboard, and a more normal
touch pad.

-Will both the rubber stick and the touchpad area work at the same time?

- Can I use the upper three buttons as a normal 3-button mouse, or will the middle mouse button be uses in conjunction with the rubber stick to control scrolling. (Or can I configure that somehow,
I think I would have preferred it as 3 buggon mouse).

- Is it hard to setup? What is the function out of the box without no special tweaking of /etc/X11/xorg.conf apart
 from what you get from the normal GUI fedora installer.

- Can I use the two large mouse buttons (the ones closest to the user) to emulate a three button mouse?

If it works will it need any kernel recompilations? Or does it work just out of the box? Not that kernel recompilation is that difficult, it is just that it is much easier just to be able to grab security updates from
yum without doing anything special.

Anything else I should be aware of? With respect to UltraNav or Thinkpads in general (most likely some
R-series model).

Thanks!
/uno