Re: FC4.2 torrents, need help

On Thursday 26 January 2006 18:02, Kam Leo wrote:
>On 1/25/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> To any of you who have the torrent for the fc4.2, I have someone
>> sucking from me but only getting 20k a second.  I'm sure who ever is
>> downloading it would sure appreciate it if a few more torrent able
>> folks fired their seeders back up.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Cheers, Gene
>
>Gene,
>
>I know how that person feels. There just are not that many seeders or
>peers to make downloading this respin worthwhile. It took me longer to
>use the torrent than to just install the original FC4 and use yum to
>upgrade to the latest and greatest. I stopped seeding a week ago
>because there was no activity. I've enable the torrent but if there
>are no takers out there it will be dropped.

I must have had some help, its showing 541 megs uploaded over the last
24 or so, but its quiet right now.

FWIW, I'm glad you could get FC4 to install and run, I made about 10
tries, only one of which lasted long enough to get logged in on the
reboot, and that one locked up about 30 seconds later.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: