Re: Can I delete *FC3* files from my FC4 system?

Nat Gross wrote:
On 1/25/06, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nat Gross wrote:

On 1/25/06, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>

<snip>

Which repos do you have configured? If you do a "yum check-update",
which repositories are listed?

1. updates-released
2. kde-redhat-stable
3. extras
4. base

Your currently-installed redhat-artwork package looks like it came from the FC3 kde-redhat-stable repo. What's in the .repo file for that repo?

BUT, the catch is that I used to have (and still have them as *.repos.ren):
5. dag
6. dries
7. freshrpms
8. livna
I don't recall why I remmed these (5-8) out, but definetly many rpm's
were pulled from there.

I'd suggest that instead of renaming the .repo files, you add a line to each of them:

enabled=0

and leave them as .repo files. That will cause yum to ignore them normally, but you can enable them for a single command using the --enablerepo option of yum.

What's in the .repo file for the "dag" repo?

Paul.