Re: Can I delete *FC3* files from my FC4 system?

Charles Curley wrote:

>>>rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep kernel | grep FC3`

> Any of those may work *too* well. Be sure to eyeball the list of
> proposed deletions.

The OP was asking about files from the kernel package, so only kernel*
packages with FC3 in will get nuked with my example, and the kernel
packages do use capital FC3 tags predictably.  But you're right of
course that eyeballing autogenerated lists is a good idea before feeding
them to r[p]m   :-)

RPM is case sensitive, there is a big discussion going on about that on
the rpm-devel list at the moment in fact.

-Andy