Re: Rsync backup to tar or gzip archive

--
I agree that for backing up to a mounted filesystem archive rsync is not
needed.

I , however, am having a blank in figuring out how to backup to a
filesystem that is not mounted but is on another machine. It seems like
some combination of rsync (or scp) and tar aught to be able to do
this. But the method eludes me. I mean something other than creating
the tar file on the local machine and then copying to a remote
filesystem on another machine.

I'm a Lisp variable -- bind me!
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science