Re: Problem Mounting CIFS

Rick Stevens wrote:

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 09:09 -0600, Nathaniel Hall wrote:
I am trying to mount a Windows file share in Fedora Core 3 and 4. The command I am using is:

>> mount -t cifs -o username=username,password=password //server/share /mountpoint

When I run this command I get this error to the screen:

>> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //server/share,
>>       missing codepage or other error
>>       In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>>       dmesg | tail  or so

and this error in dmesg:

>> CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -22

I have tried this on two different Fedora boxes mounting to two different Windows boxes. Does anybody have any ideas?

Have you tried "smbmount"?

   # smbmount //server/share /mountpoint -o username=username%password
It is my understanding that if you are connecting to a domain controller you must use CIFS. Some of the systems I need to map to are domain controllers.