Re: Fetchmail socket problem

From: "Anne Wilson" <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Monday 23 Jan 2006 19:06, jdow wrote:

It may be as simple as telling kmail to get NEW mail from the spool
directory, /var/spool/mail/xxx. Or it may involve telling Dovecot
to use the spool directories for incoming and the user home directory
"mail" directory for storing the mail folders for imap. That chunk
of documentation is not particularly trying. I managed to solve it.
I think it involved a one liner:
MAIL=/home/xxx/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/xxx

Problems there. With that line in Dovecot doesn't start - error: expecting "="

I tried putting spaces around the '=' and now it says 'Unknown setting: MAIL'

I'll comment it out until I/we can work out the adjustment.

Anne

Sorry - that one goes into the /etc/profile file. Mea culpa and all that.
{^_^}