Re: apache problem with soft link

Michael D. Berger wrote:

They all work except the last one that I added.  The jpg file is
properly displayed if I move it to the http directory, but not
through the link.

You're probably running in to SELinux restrictions. You may need to use "chcon" to change the "type" of the files that are the targets of your symlinks, so that httpd can read them.

Try "chcon -t httpd_user_content_t" for the destination files and directories.

Also, watch the file /var/log/messages. The kernel should be telling you what was denied, and why.