Re: UOL spam issue

Kenneth Porter wrote:

On Monday, January 23, 2006 9:36 AM +0530 Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UOL

The page says that the challenge message preserves only the subject line. How about injecting the subscriber ID into the subject line of the monthly reminder emails? (I auto-file those to a separate Administrivia folder.) That's the one regular message coming from the list itself (ie. not a subscriber) so the bounce goes back to the list admin where it can be analyzed to remove the miscreants.

The mailman patch should be published so that other lists can benefit from this. I googled the uol.com.br domain and see the problem reported on a lot of other lists.

Send ideas to the list owner. Not to this list.

--
Rahul