Re: deny http access based on IP on FC3

yonas abraham wrote:
hi,

I want to block a given IP from accessing my site, which is running apache on a fully uptodated FC3 machine.

I taught I would just put the ip on /etc/hosts.deny and restart the machine. But It is not working. I can block an access to sshd very simply by adding the IP or sshd: IP and it works fine.

I wouldn't mind blocking every service to that IP in my machine but preferably only httpd block.

thanks

yonas

man iptables

It's also handy for blocking your access to unwanted remote sites such as ad servers:-)

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait